Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2008

News! News! News!

Well, I can FINALLY say I've done it .. as of January 21st, book 3 in my Denicalis Dragon Chronicles Series, "Dragon's Tear", is D-O-N-E!!! I'm EXTREMELY happy with the way the book turned out, and am anxious to start on book 4, "Dragon's Breath", but I'm gonna give myself a few weeks to work on painting (Ok Ok and I also need a mental chill pill to recover from the hustle-bustle of the holidays!!) I've been itching to paint a few pictures and figure I'd better do it now before I get started on the next book and then don't have time to paint .. or draw, for that matter.

So, here's the scoop. The book has been submitted to the publisher. The next step is for them to call me (in 1-2 weeks) and set up a design meeting. Once we set up the meeting (which will be from 2-4 weeks from THAT point), then I wait for that date to talk to them about what I want for the cover and galley. Once they play with what they think are my ideas and I approve them, the book should be live within a few weeks. I'm figuring by mid-April at the latest. Maybe earlier, but I don't want to jinx it, so shhhhhhhhh ... you didn't hear me say that!

Keep watching for updates on the progress (go to www.mjallaire.com or www.myspace.com/mjallaire). If things go well, book 4 will be available around Thanksgiving this year!

Until the next update, happy reading! And for those of us in New England, STAY WARM!

Hugs, MJ

No comments: